If you are looking for the best shower standing handles, you have come to the right place! Our extreme buying guide will help you make an informed decision when selecting the perfect set of shower standing handles for your bathroom. We will review different types of handles, discuss materials and finishes, and share tips for installation. With our help, you will be sure to find the perfect shower standing handles for your home.
What to Look For When Buying a Shower Standing Handles
When buying a Shower Standing Handles, there are several things to consider to ensure that you choose the right one for your needs. Here are some key factors to look for when buying a shower handle:
- Compatibility: Make sure that the shower handle you choose is compatible with your existing shower system. Look for handles that are designed to work with your particular type of shower valve, whether it is a single-handle, dual-handle, or thermostatic valve.
- Material: The material of the shower handle is important for both durability and aesthetics. Popular materials include chrome, stainless steel, brushed nickel, and oil-rubbed bronze. Choose a material that matches the finish of your other bathroom fixtures and is durable enough to withstand daily use.
- Design: The design of the Shower Standing Handles can affect both its appearance and functionality. Some handles are simple and streamlined, while others are more decorative and ornate. Consider the design that will best fit the style of your bathroom and also whether you want a lever, knob or push button to control the water flow.
- Grip: A good shower handle should provide a secure and comfortable grip. Look for handles that are ergonomically designed and easy to grip, even when your hands are wet or soapy.
- Brand reputation: Finally, consider the reputation of the brand when buying a shower handle. Look for a brand that has a track record of producing high-quality and reliable shower handles.
Different Types of Handles
There are several types of handles available for showers, and each has its own unique advantages and disadvantages. Here are some common types of Shower Standing Handles:
- Knob Handle: Knob handles are circular or spherical in shape and require twisting to turn the water on or off. They are easy to use but may not be as ergonomic as other handle types.
- Lever Handle: Lever handles are shaped like a lever and are easy to use, even for people with limited dexterity. They typically require less effort to turn on and off than knob handles.
- Push Button Handle: Push button handles are designed to be simple and easy to use. They are often used in public shower facilities, where users may not be familiar with the shower controls.
- Cross Handle: Cross handles are shaped like a cross and require turning to control the water flow. They are a classic design and can add a touch of elegance to a bathroom.
- Touchless Handle: Touchless handles use motion sensors to turn the water on and off. They are a hygienic option and are often used in commercial settings.
The installation process for a shower handle will depend on the type of handle and the shower system you have. However, here are some general steps for installing a shower handle:
- Turn off the water supply to the shower.
- Remove the existing handle by unscrewing the set screw or removing any decorative covers and using a wrench to remove the handle.
- Install any necessary adapters or fittings to make sure the new handle fits properly with your shower valve.
- Attach the new handle to the shower valve, ensuring that it is properly aligned and secured.
- Test the handle to make sure it is working correctly and does not leak.
- If there are any decorative covers or trim pieces, install them according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Turn the water supply back on and test the shower to ensure it is working properly.
If you are not comfortable installing a shower handle yourself, it is best to hire a professional plumber to do the installation for you. This can ensure that the handle is installed correctly and prevent any potential leaks or other issues.
Also Read: Top 20 Deck Skirting Ideas You’ll Love
Maintaining and Cleaning
Maintaining and cleaning your shower handle is important to ensure that it functions properly and stays looking good. Here are some tips for maintaining and cleaning your shower handle:
- Regularly clean the Shower Standing Handles with a mild soap and warm water. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and dry the handle with a soft cloth to prevent water spots or stains.
- For stubborn stains or buildup, use a mild abrasive cleaner and a soft-bristled brush to scrub the handle gently. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth.
- Check the handle regularly for any signs of wear or damage, such as cracks or corrosion. If you notice any issues, have them repaired or replaced promptly to prevent further damage.